In September 2012, Scholars’ Hall became the first high school in Canada to switch to a university Tri-Semester year!
Tri-Semester Advantages for Scholars’ Hall students . . .
- Grades 9 and 10 will receive Academic Foundational Instruction in addition to earning 8 full credits
- Grades 11 and 12 will be able to earn 4 credits every 4 months
- Scholars’ students will be better prepared for the routines, work load and completion dates of a university semester
- Scholars’ students will be able to attend university starting in not only in September when every other high school graduate is applying but our students will also be able to enter university in January and May when no other high school student can apply
- Scholars’ graduates will have a huge advantage when applying, for January or May admissions, to the university of their first choice
In High School . . .
- students must be able to use the basic academic skills perfectly
- students must have developed excellent written expressive skills
- students must have acquired the ability to think independently
- students must have a b work ethic
- students must be focused and have a daily commitment to high achievement
- and finally, students must have an unshakable belief in his or her ability to be successful. Very few students entering grade nine have these abilities well developed.
The Scholars’Hall Advantage:
Scholars’ Hall has a classes half the size of the publicly funded system. Scholars’ students are provided a great amount of help, individual instruction, and personal involvement and guidance from some of the finest teachers ever to prepare students for post-secondary success. With such a small class our teachers are able to give individual and in-depth instruction, constant and consistent daily feedback and motivation to maximize individual performance and effort. At this level, our teachers become personal mentors and advisors.
Achieving goals,one day at a time,for a lifetime.
Our students earn their place in the post-secondary institution of their choice – they don’t have to compete for a place! And they do it because of Scholars’ Hall.