Scholars’ Leadership Program
- Employers today want students who have a balance of soft and hard skills. Hard skills are job specific: math, reading, comprehension, computer key boarding. Soft skills or employment skills are: communication, problem solving, positive attitudes / behaviours, adaptability and ability to work with others. Increasingly, employers are looking for soft skill over the hard skills,
- In other high schools only a few students become involved and have the opportunity to learn these soft skills.
- At Scholars’ Hall all students are taught soft skills. All students will be a member of a committee where events are planned, communication and teamwork are taught, positive behaviours and attitudes are expected and adaptability becomes second nature.
- All committees are student run and organized, with a staff advisor present to provide assistance. Students plan school-wide events, prioritize and delegate responsibilities, discuss goals and outcomes, and learn to assess potential difficulties.
- The Leadership Program (based upon the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People) increases student participation to 100% and reduces student apathy to 0%.
Want to know more about our Leadership Program?